Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cooking Up A Storm for November and December 2009

Whew! So much happening in Charlotte this time of year. Can you believe it's already November?

Reid's Annual open house is this Sunday Nov 8 - you are, of course, invited to attend and only need to make your reservation by visiting www.Reids.com. I'll be there, back near the meat department with Shelley Proffitt from Proffitt Family Farms and Cassie Parsons from Grateful Growers - two great local farmers, Cooking Up A Storm, turning Proffitt Family Farms' ground beef into thick, rich, hearty chili and Grateful Growers' tasty breakfast sausage into fabulous little holiday sausage sliders - free samples and recipes for all!!

While the tredy circa 1050s cook to the right is not me, my cooking classes, both at home and at Reid's Fine Foods continue to be great fun and I'd love to have you join in the fun! Now that we've taken the turn into holiday fare you'll want to make your reservations early as holiday classes historically fill up fast.



This week I'm teaching my very first holiday hors d'oeuvre class Thursday morning in my At Home with Heidi series and then THIS Saturday at Reid's Fine Foods, we're planning a Mexican Fiesta - To make reservations for my Thursday morning At Home with Heidi class email me at hlnc@carolina.rr.com - to make reservations for the Reid's Mexican Fiesta class this Saturday - click here -you won't want to miss out on either event.

In need of a little (or a lot ) of holiday catering?


My husband Tom Billotto and I are your one-stop shopping in terms of providing food and mood so you'll be able to mingle and jingle and totally enjoy your upcoming holiday soiree -

As far as live music goes, Tom Billotto will provide the very finest you will find. Besides his normal repertoire of Classical, Jazz Standards, James Taylor, Beatles, Chet Atkins, etc., he has an extensive holiday music repertoire, as well, and can perform solo or in various duo/trio combinations with several of Charlotte's finest musicians. Check it all out and listen to audio samples at www.TomBillottoMusic.com.

And for the good eats - I hope you'll keep me and my catering services in mind. My staff and I handle it all from soup to nuts, so you won't have to worry about a thing.

From a swanky cocktail buffet of heavy hors d'oeuvres to a casual gathering of friends or office associates to an intimate seated dinner party - we've got you covered and are happy to provide menus that suit any given budget.

Email at hlnc@carolina.rr.com and let's get your date on the calendar!

Or if you've a mind to do it yourself, but need a little help - why not plan a private cooking class at your home or mine, or give the gift of a class to your favorite gourmet or gourmand. I've got cute holiday gift certificates perfect for stocking stuffing, presenting at the first Hannukah candle lighting or tucking under the tree - just give me a call and your holiday shopping woes will be over!

Hope to see you all Cooking Up A Storm soon,
Cheers!
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment